Stumps Tech Support
You point, you click, you surf, you shop. Shopping and navigating your way around Stumps Party is fun and easy. Until you run into technical difficulties, that is.
We realize that there are few things in life more frustrating than spending countless hours adding party supplies to your shopping cart, only to find that your order cannot be processed at checkout.
So what's the solution? Short of hurling your computer out of the window (which, incidentally, we don't recommend), the following are some technical tips that just might solve your problem. We will now hand you over to our "technical guru".
If you are accessing Stumps Party through a firewall or proxy, check with your Network Administrator to determine if cookies are permitted.
How do I determine which browser I am using?
For Windows users, from your browser, go to the Help menu and choose "About…" A screen will appear showing which browser and version you are using. For Macintosh users, from your browser, go to the Apple menu. Choose either "About Internet Explorer," "About Firefox," or "About Netscape." A screen will appear showing which version you are using.
How do I upgrade to another browser?
Upgrading your browser is always a good idea as it will enhance your Internet browsing and shopping experiences. By doing so, you are also assured you'll be receiving the latest software and security patches.
- For Internet Explorer users: Go to Microsoft. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation
- For Firefox users: Go to Firefox. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation.
- or Netscape users: Go to Netscape. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation.
What are cookies?
A "cookie" is a small text file that your browser keeps on your hard disk and is very common on the Internet. Cookies allow Stumps Party to remember who you are. They also allow Stumps Party to "remember" what you put in your shopping cart as you browse through our product selection. However, you can still browse our products and use many of our site features without cookies.
Does my browser need to accept cookies when I place an order on Stumps Party?
To place an order on Stumps Party, your browser does need to accept cookies. If you do not feel comfortable modifying your browser preference files, please feel free to e-mail us (csr@StumpsParty.com) for assistance.
How can I accept cookies?
Please follow the simple steps below to enable cookies in your browser.
- For Internet Explorer users: Choose TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS, then SECURITY, then CUSTOM LEVEL, then scroll down to the COOKIES area and choose ENABLE.
- For Firefox users: Click TOOLS, then OPTIONS, click the PRIVACY BUTTON, and then the COOKIES TAB. Check ALLOW SITES TO SET COOKIES.
- or Netscape users: Choose EDIT, then PREFERENCES, then ADVANCED, then see COOKIES area and choose ACCEPT COOKIES.
Although my browser has been modified to accept "cookies", I am still unable to create a shopping cart on Stumps Party. What should I do?
If you are still unable to create a shopping cart after changing your browser to accept cookies, you are probably experiencing a memory cache problem. As your computer stores your previous web transactions in its cache files, it probably has not yet recognized your cookie changes. First try clicking on the "Refresh" or "Reload" button, which can be found on you browser's navigation bar. If that does not work, shut down all browser windows to clear the caching issue.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please e-mail Customer Service (csr@StumpsParty.com).